Divergent mouth habits can disturb the balance between the muscles in and around the mouth. For example, due to erroneous swallowing habits, mouth breathing, thumb sucking or swishing. Oro-myofunctional therapy (OMFT) focuses on restoring the disturbed balance. The therapy includes facial and tongue exercises and behavior modification techniques to promote proper tongue position at rest, improved breathing, chewing and swallowing.
OMFT.eu has developed a course for, in particular, speech therapists, dentists and orthodontists who want to learn more about the great results that can be achieved with this therapy and actually want to get started with this. In three days you will get basic theoretical knowledge and practical skills about OMFT.
The course contains the following topics:
- Types of oro-myofunctional dysfunctions;
- Relationship between speech-pathology, dentistry, orthodontics, ENT problems related to OMFT, gnathology and the importance of this knowledge in relation to diagnostics and therapy of oro-myofunctional dysfunctions;
- Practical exercises in training with the Force scale, Payne technic and Myoscanner;
- OMFT-protocol: practical training with all logopedic exercises to be used for the treatment of oro-myofunctional disorders;
- Review of a lot of OMFT cases and discussions how to treat them properly;
- Practical training in recognizing deviate dental form due to deviate function;
- If possible clinical training with some local OMFT patients (brought in by the participants).
The course and the documentation is entirely in English. The course is only offered on request. The principle is simple: you arrange a location and invite the participants and we take care of the course.
Do you want to increase the knowledge and skills in the field of OMFT in your country or region by means of a course? Then contact us. We can then make further agreements on this.
Course in Denmark – August 2019
Next summer OMFT.eu is providing an OMFT basic course in Denmark. The course takes place on Monday 26, Tuesday 27 and Wednesday 28 August in Odense. It is a repetition of the successful course that was also held in Odense in August 2018. The course and the documentation is entirely in English. The course is organized in consultation with Lebahn Events, which also provides the applications. You can sign in at their website or via firstname.lastname@example.org.